- All-purpose flour- 1 CUP
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 CUP
- Five tablespoons of melted butter or vegetable oil
- Half a cup of water at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of pineapple essence
- A pinch of salt
- Dry fruits, candied fruits – optional
Preheat the oven and arrange cupcake liners so that you need not rush at the last moment.
Whisk the sugar and butter/oil in a bowl and make sure that the sugar is blended well. Add the water, lemon juice, essence and continue whisking with a hand whisk or else just blend it all in a mixer for a few seconds.
Sieve the flour and baking soda and salt at least two or three times and add it slowly to the wet mixture. Fold the batter and pour into the cupcake liners carefully. Using an ice cream scoop spoon helps.
Bake for at least 25 minutes. I cannot be specific about it because each oven varies.
One can add dry fruits or candied pineapple to the batter. Frosting depends on your choice.
I hope you try this one. It is vegan-friendly but can be enjoyed by all.
written by @sayee for @thealliance